Hey guys I just wanted to let y'all know I had a great and comforting Thanksgiving. I was sad to not be with my family, as it was our first Thanksgiving with me away, but God comforted me with my other family and I had a great time. I went to my supervisor's house for Thanksgiving and we put up her tree and watched a Christmas movie over chaii, cookies, and pumpkin pie. My friends Jessie and Kristen came over as well and we had a great time. We drove to meet the new journeyman and sung songs all the way home. I love those girls and am very sad to be saying good bye to them this week.
Friday was a combo- Happy Thanksgiving/Birthday to Joseph party. We had all the fixings of Thanksgiving plus amazing birthday cake. He turned five and I was in charge of him, because he was with me and the other kids. I was excited to play with him, because I felt like I was playing with my brother as they are the same age.
I unexpectedly spent the night and had a great time showing Cammie, one of the girls I'm close with. I helped another couple move houses and got to welcome Becky home. She has been out of the country for six weeks and I am so glad she is back, because I have someone to mess around with and to tease. LOL, we have a great time together and we are going to miss each other like crazy when I leave. We spent the weekend with the new journeyman Jeff; he's great and we've become good friends. He is joining Becky and I in our excursions and randomness of life.
As of today I only have 12 days in Kenya. I am trying not to think about it, but it is extremely hard not to. I love you all so much and am so excited to hug your necks and to hang out, but I'm going to miss my family here. I will never have a single place I long to be. Since coming back from Zimbabwe I only want to be there. After Rwanda, I wanted to stay with my students. I have longed to go back to Tennessee to help my friend Jessica since I left in 2006. Kenya... I have lived here for four months and have made this home. America is my home country, and you all are my friends and family I grew up with I hope I never loose. As Followers of Christ, we are aliens and strangers to this world. This world is not our home, but heaven is. My family here is my family as well. The thing that holds us together is our common love of God and love for the continent of Africa. I am going to miss my African family like crazy and am already. I love all the Hands On participants as I had the priviledge of corresponding with them as they were on the field. I kept up with most of their work and had the priviledge of spending time with them all. We too have become a family even though we were spread out all over the continent.
It makes me sad to say goodbye, but I know everything is only for a season and God's timing is perfect and awesome, despite my own timing and idea of perfection.
God is good.
I love you all and can honestly say I am excited to be back with you!