I do not know how many of you actually keep up with Zimbabwe, but things are looking better since the beginning of February. An article I read on Zimbabwesituation.com said the country's new Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai is working for a better Zimbabwe. He told teachers, doctors, and government officials to return to work, because he will pay them in foreign currency. Foreign currency is the only way people can survive in the country, because their Zimbabwean dollar lost all worth. Along with paying people in foreign currency he is requesting aid from other countries to help bring his country back to the place it once was.
For over 20 years President Robert Mugabe ran the government but since he took control, the country has only been getting worse. His regime works for its own benefit and suppresses the minority tribes.
Now that Tsvangirai is in power he is working for his people, trying to regain all they lost. He admitted the depravity citizens endured and continues to look for restoration for his people. South Africa, America, and many other countries are looking to pull the country out of its unstable mess it found itself in.
I have been praying for that country since late last year and am so excited to see these changes being made now. I knew something would be done about the instability and immorality in their government, but did not expect another government official to be the catalyst in the movement.
I still love Zimbabwe and can not get it out of my heart. It would love to go back and help out the country, but that is not an option now. The most I can do is pray for them and use the gift of words God gave me to share about their hardships and trials, urging people to pray and act accordingly. I serve a great God and I am excited to see my prayers answered so fast. I feel I served the people of Zimbabwe by praying for them and sharing their story. They can not physically be in America but they are always here with me- in my thoughts, prayers, and pictures.
I thank God all the time for allowing me to see and meet such loving but hopeless people, because it motivates me to work harder and to share my story with others.
I get so frustrated with some people in America sometimes, because I saw so much desperation in Zimbabwe and some live like there is not a care in the world.
I feel seeing such conditions are both a blessing and a curse. I appreciate more but hurt more too. It hurts to know I have everything I ever wanted, but some people dream to eat a piece of bread in the morning and will die from hunger that night. It is hard when I hear people call material and unnecessary things necessities. We have become accustomed to hearing, “I need this new phone,” or “I need name-brand clothes,” but it’s only something our over indulgence and materialistic society brainwashed us to think. Do you need expensive name-brand clothes? Will you die without them?
When people say they are starving I want to cry and share stories of people I met who are literally starving. They honestly have no idea what the concept of starving is. I don’t either but I saw, touched, and hugged people who have not eaten anything edible in months.
I have a visual image that I can not erase that reminds me to use my resources wisely and to share the story I learned while there. I am so grateful that Tsvangirai is working for his people and that God is answering my prayers through this man. God is amazingly amazing. He’s more than I could ever ask for or imagine.
resource used-www.zimbabwesituation.com